Living Safely With COVID-19:
- Schools in the UK will remain open.
- Domestic trips likely to go ahead. The Government is currently not advising against domestic school trips. We will review any trip that is currently planned on an individual basis, liaising closely with travel companies and trip destinations to ensure our risk assessments are up-dated and additional precautions, including cancellations, considered and communicated with parents/carers.
- The Centre will continue to communicate with you when there are any significant changes. Please be cautious of rumours that may be circulating, especially about closures or pupils and staff contracting the virus. Official school communications will come through phone calls home and the school website.
- We are doing everything we can to maintain the safety and wellbeing of all members of our centre community, while continuing the normal routines of teaching and learning.
For advice about COVID-19, including symptoms, testing, vaccination and staying at home please click on the link to see the NHS advice: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ or online service: https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19
It is important that we practice the good hygiene we should all be doing anyway for colds and flu as this will significantly disrupt spread.
- Catch it, Bin it, Kill it : Sneeze into disposable tissues “Catch it”, dispose of them “Bin it” and then wash hands with warm soap and water or use hand sanitiser gel if it is not possible to wash (“kill it”.)
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand gel as a second best if it is not available
- Avoid touching your face unless you’ve just washed your hands
- Ensure surfaces which get droplets on them from coughs and sneezes are cleaned with good detergents regularly if people are showing symptoms of colds and flu (eg handles, worktops, light switches etc)